CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

rambling

It is one of those days when I don't know just what I want to talk about, but if I start writing maybe it will come to me. I'm feeling pretty serious today. Some pretty heavy things have been happening this week. In my calling in church, I have the responsibility seeing to the needs of the women of our little branch. There has been a lot of sickness. And some serious things to tend to. Tomorrow, four of us are going to clean a dear sisters house. Her husband is away right now and she is very Ill. So we want to see if we can help her to lift some of her burden.
I know that is what God would want us to do. There are so many people in the world that need a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, or a voice to be heard.

I have had the opportunity of sitting with people in the hospital to help them to be more calm, or less frightened and confused. I have prayed with then, I have laughed with them, and I have sung to them. If they wanted to play cards, we would do that.
Many have said I'm not crazy am I? And I assure them that their not. One dear elderly lady had been being abused at home, and was dieing. As I listened to her talk about her children, my heart sank for her. When I would comfort her she would smile. The nurse called her family to tell them she was slipping away. But no one cared. No one came. So I just held her hand and told her that her father in Heaven loved her and was waiting for her. She died peacefully.

I feel it is an honor to be of service. When I think of how much My savior has done for me. I want to lighten someone elses burden.

I want to thank all of you for your blogs. It is nice to hear what comes from the heart.

I have some new news. We have another darling colt. Hes a stallion. That makes eight now. And were loving it. Except for the hay bill.

I gave a talk in church this morning and it really hit home with me. All of our experiences are stepping stones to help us grow. Think back when you have been faced with a trial or even a special moment. Haven't you learned something from it. Maybe you learned more patience, or maybe how to forgive, Or to appreciate what God has given you. I am thankful for all of the trials I have had in my life. They have helped me to be a more compassionate person. It has helped me to understand It's not what a person looks like or how much money he or she has. Even a drunk or a homeless person has a heart. and sometimes a heart of pain, who just needs to be listened to.

Thank you for listening to my rambling tonight. It is just that my heart is so full.
My cup runneth over.
Stay blessed. Charlene

2 comments:

Melissa R said...

You are acutely aware that there is great burdens and sadness around you and in your heart. But even while those things weigh on you, you find joy and blessings, too.

I have been having a heavy morning myself, yet able to find happy wonders as well. In 95 degree weather that is sometimes hard to do :)

Melissa R

Anonymous said...

Hi, melissa
Heidi said she met you at the library. What a coincidence.
She was so tickled. I hope you are having a great time in Salem. It is a nice place, but I really prefer the quietness here in the woods.

I havn't blogged much lately but I guess I had better get on the stick and do it. Bless you Charlene (Grandmas Zoo)