CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

can't sleep

It's midnight and I haven't been able to fall asleep. So I decided to check my blog and do a little catch up.

My husband and I had a wonderful 3 days spending some time with our church friends at a camp out at cottonwood lake. It was so beautiful there, quiet , peaceful and a lot of fun. Our Daughter, Julie, her husband and one granddaughter was there also. and it is the first time in my life when I didn't have to do any cooking. She did it all. She and her husband barbecued try tip with mushrooms and onions. It was wonderful. another night we had hobo dinners. Hamburger , potatoes, carrots, and onions cooked together in tinfoil. We had a wonderful spiritual fireside one evening, with our friends. And the rest of the time we played cards and other games. It was a very relaxing time renewing friendships.

Today being sunday we went to church, there was such a warm wonderful feeling there. God has been so good to us. I love my family, my church, and my God.
We are so fortunate to live in this wonderful country, even with the gas prices and everything else that is going on. At least our country is free. And we are not starving. And are able to worship as we please.

God has blessed this country, As long as we treat it with respect. It is when we get prideful, selfish and uncaring and materialistic, that we have to beware. We don't need everything that the Joneses have, to be happy. When we start to think of others instead of ourselves, thats where happiness starts. The more you give of love and service, the more comes back to you. As I sat in church with my family. I felt a happiness looking at my great Grand child, her mother, and her mother, and grandpa and I . Thats four generations. What would we do without our children. I just wanted to hold that baby and cradle her with love. Also sitting next to us was a grandchild that is now a woman. Not a child anymore, who will be leaving for a mission for our church in about a month. To go to Spain. It seemed such a short time ago when she was a baby. And now she has grown up with so much wisdom.

Families are the core of this nation. We need to do everything possible to build the relationships we have with them. I look back and see some of the mistakes we as parents made in relationships with our children. and I wish I could start over. But that is not possible. But I have learned many things over the years. And I know that we can take nothing with us when we die, except the relationships of love that can continue on after this life. And I am thankful for that. Families can be forever.

A little up date for anyone wondering about the man that got stabbed at the gas station. He is getting better. All of your faith and prayers helped. Thank you. He will be in the hospital for a while yet but is able to gt up and walk around now. What a miracle.
Have a good night. I'll see if I can go back to bed and get some sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet post.
I only take exception to "it is the first time in my life when I didn't have to do any cooking". All I have to say is: HA!
But I love you anyway...

Melissa R said...

Ah, you need to be lavished with a weekend of cooking not done by you! I'm sure you deserve it. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with the world :)

Melissa R