CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 25, 2008

shameful dog

My husband takes care of the city park here in bonanza. one evening I went down to help him put out some sprinkler heads. Our little dog loves to go there so we took her too.

Some people were sitting on a blanket having their dinner. My little dog went up to them. (I thought she was being friendly) But to my horror, she went right up to them, barked and then squatted down right in front of them. I was so embarrassed.
They were not amused. Then she came running to me. I didn't want to know her.

This is the same dog that got me in trouble with the policeman. (see Bang! bang!)
and you will know how much she likes to get me in hot water.

A while back my sons brought home a big turtle that they found on the highway.
They put her in our horse trough. They put a log in the trough for her to sit on when she is not swimming.

Today, Bryan cleaned out the trough, and found 13 eggs in the bottom. Now I don't know if the eggs should be in sand or can they survive in water?

Anybody know?

Have a great day. Keep smiling.

In case you have wondered why I always say keep smiling. That was the thing my dad would always tell me when we would say goodbye . Either in person, or over the telephone. And it has stuck with me. I miss my dad, He passed away about 3 years ago. And I feel like that little saying gives me a little part of him. I always think of him when I say it. If you knew my dad, he lived that motto. I never saw him angry. He was so kind and patient. When I went through some bad times He and mother opened up their hearts and home to me and my children. He was a great grandfather, along with my mother. They were always there for us. I shall be eternally greatful for them.

1 comments:

Melissa R said...

Charlene,
I liked that you told us the story behind "Keep Smiling". It means so much that it was a part of your dad. My dad also died 3 years ago. Too young (62) and suddenly during outpatient surgery. It was so shocking. It has changed my life in so many unexpected ways. Including by making me worry about having to be on this earth, some day, without my mother. How does a person exist without their mom? How do they breathe?

I had written a lot more but then I hit the wrong button, don't you hate that? And now I don't have it in me to rewrite it all because it was a lot of ouchie feelings.

One more thing about my dad's death... in the week after he died, I, of course, went through so many emotions. One of the moments that stands out sharply is when I realized that dad was with HIS MOM now. My gramma was surely there to greet him in heaven. He loved his mom so much and missed her immensely. The thought of him being with her again filled my heart with so much joy. One bright spot in a pile of sadness and confusion.

Thank you for showing me a way that you keep your dad in your life. A way he stays with you every day.

Melissa R