CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My life

I made some wrong choices in my growing up years. I had always believed in my father in heaven and his son Jesus Christ. But for awhile I chose the wrong path. I ended out having 3 marriages.(two divorces, and one husband that died. It was extremely hard and painful going through these times, but through the help of my Father In heaven and the sacrifice that my savior did for me on the cross, I have grown stronger.

I know without a doubt that we have a Father in Heaven that loves each and everyone of us, and that his son Jesus Christ made the ultimate sacrifice of being crucified for our sins upon that cross.

There was a particular time when I felt so alone, I had gone through a bitter divorce, then married again to a man that was addicted to drugs and alcohol. We had separated, He was trying to get his life together. He came one evening to pick up my two boys to go to a movie. I was pregnant with our daughter, and I was so depressed, after having two marriages fail. I felt that I was so alone. and that no one wanted me. I felt torn and abandoned.

I fell upon my knees and ask the Lord for comfort. I said in my prayer that I felt so unloved, and to please forgive me for any wrong I had done ,and that If I could just feel his love I could get through this.

As I was on my knees praying, all of a sudden I felt the most wonderful feeling. It was as if bright sunshine was going through my whole body. From the top of my head to the bottom of my toes. I felt his love. I will never forget it.

I decided that no matter what happens to me, as long as I know that the Lord loves me I can get through it. That was a big turning point for me.

Later, I went through the death of my dear husband. It was hard but through the help of my Father in Heaven, I got through it. Being lonely, I again rushed into a marriage, Thinking that at last I had the right person. ( But the signs were there not to marry him, but I did not listen.

It ended out that He was in love with someone else. But she was marriad and he thought that by marring me he could run away from it. We were married two weeks and he told me that he was sorry that he got married. I was devistated. He then told me about the other woman. He wanted to stay married, but come and go as he wanted. He said that the marriage contract was just a piece of paper. To me it was not just a piece of paper. Marriage was between me, my partner and God.
So after about a year of him coming and going I finally got the courage ot get out .

It was very hard for me to go back home after three failures. I was broken, but through the help of God, and my good friends at church. I did go home. This time I was determined to stay close to My Father in heaven and not get caught in the trap of loneliness. I found a good job, and tried to make my children feel secure.

It was then that the Lord opened up a way for me to find happiness. I was never going to marry again. But God had other plans. I went out a few times, but wrote myself a note as to what kind of a man I wanted to marry. If the person didn't fit that quality, I never went with him again.

To make a long story short. I met my sweetheart, fell in love and we have been married now for 38 years. We have 9 children between us. He had 3, I had 3, and then we had three of our own. He is a good man, and has the same beliefs as I do.
It wasn't always easy, but we made it. My love and respect has grown so much for him. And I am so thankful for all of our children. Grandchildren and Great grand children. My cup is full and overflowing.

So now you have heard my story. Never give up, and rely on the Lord in making decisions. He will never steer you wrong. If you are trying to do what is right you will be blessed.

Keep smiling, Charlene

0 comments: