CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dear Mellissa , I goofed I thought I had been reading your blog. But I guess not. But I have appreciated your comments. And Heidi informed me that she didn't meet you at the library. It was somewhere else.

I went to help my husband fix fences for his horses today. They have been put on a friends ranch. 40 miles away. It has been told that way back when, that this was an Indian trail. The last time we were up there my husband found an arrow head.
This time I thought I had really found something wonderful. I was sitting under a pine tree and kept finding little nuggets and kernels of gold color. Some were very shinny. Of course I thought I might have found some gold or other kind of Gem. My husband came over and deflated my bubble. He said it's tree sap. Looked like gold to me! I am so gullible. I didn't know that it hardend after falling off the tree.
I learned something new today.

have a great day everyone. Charlene

1 comments:

Melissa R said...

Charlene, I am so sorry for that boy and his family. I will keep them in my positive thoughts. What a horrid thing to have happen, I just can't even imagine!

You certainly are not required to provide the masses (or even me!) with constant humorous entertainment. Your thoughts, any of them, are interesting to read. And, if sometimes you can make me pee my pants with laughter, well, that's a good thing too :)

Yes, meeting Heidi and Hannah was certainly a huge surprise! I felt like I was meeting a celebrity. We certainly could have met at the library, they have wonderful events and such for kids, but nope it was elsewhere. Hannah and my Ian are both in "camp" at Mission Mill. Ian is having a wonderful time. Coming home covered in paint each day and full of stories and joy. Tomorrow is the last day, they are having Christmas in July. Ian is confused and doesn't know if he should be expecting piles of gifts or not! I told him most likely there would not be piles of gifts :) Poor boy.

As always, thanks for your blogs.

Melissa
(visiting Oregon from Rhode Island)