CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

bang!. bang!

Sometimes things just don't turn out th way you expect them to. I have a darling , tiny Ch-Poodle dog. My number 7th son taught (Baby) a new trick. If you point your finger at her and say Bang! bang!, she stops dead in her tracks, flops over onto her back with her feet straight in the air, and plays dead. She loves the attention we give her when she does that.

One day I took baby & Gonzo (our big dog ) to klamath falls to do some shopping. Gonzo was so well behaved and I thought baby would be too.

My seat belt was broken but I took the car anyway. The lap belt worked but I forgot to put it on. It happened to be a day when the police were watching for people not wearing seat belts. In my rear view mirror I saw him closely following me. Then it happened, the red light came on and his siren. I had been caught! I pulled over in a dither. I Jumped out of the car so that he couldn't see that I didn't even have the lap belt on. And when I opened the door, Baby jumped out. The policeman was very angry that I had even got out, let alone a dog running around in circles on the busy street. He chased her, and I chased her round and round. She was having a great time. Finally he grabbed her, tossed her in the back seat, and told me to get in the front and don't move. He went to his car and then came back and said, "Now let me see your registration and driver's license. So what did I do like a dummy. I opened the door and the dog got out again. The policeman was red in the face and saying some choice words as we ran round and round trying to catch Baby.

Then I remembered what always worked. I pointed my finger at her and said Bang! bang! but she didn't stop. I was behind the cop, yelling it again. He stopped, whirled around and said," what are you doing?" I said ,"I'm trying to stop my dog.!" He looked at me like I was crazy. I kept saying Bang, Bang. But to no avail. Finally the policeman caught the dog and threw her in the back seat. Then he turned to me and said. "I just want you to know that you have been on a video camera this whole time and you will probably be on TV.

He said where were you going? I was right at the place where my son worked as a mechanic. I knew I would have to repent big time for saying this. " I'm just coming to the shop," I said. " Oh," said he." are you getting your seat belt fixed.?" With my red face and fingers crossed I said, yes. " Ok!, he replied, then I'll follow you in just to make sure." I ran in ahead of him. My son in law was at the counter. I said ,Dane your fixing my car today aren't you? Looking very puzzled, (until he saw the cop,) shook his head, and said," yes just park it over there, your next in line.

I'm so sorry that I had to drag him into it to, but what is a girl to do? Anyway, I got my seat belt fixed that he said he was going to do many months before this event.
SHAME ON ME FOR LYING. I have repented.

5 comments:

Melissa R said...

Another story leaving me in a puddle of laughter and tears on the floor. I can't get over the image of you chasing the dog around the car.. TWICE! That poor police officer!

Anonymous said...

Shame on you!
Mom you are too funny!

j said...

Bang Bang! It's a Wonder he didn't load you up in the back of the car right then.

Or Worse.

"Can't we all just get along?"

You are a funny lady!!

Jen

Anonymous said...

That was the best story! I needed that this morning. Thanks for brightening my day.

Julie

Anonymous said...

I need to print these for when Quinlynn is born. Gotta love ya Grandma!!!

Ashley