CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

getting old

Good Morning from grandma's zoo. I like to write poetry so today I will share one on getting old.

(To the tune of my bonny lies over the ocean)

Getting Old

My belly hangs over my belt waist
My fanny droops down to the floor
My chin hangs in so many layers.
My bra size is 144.

I'm gorgeous, so gorgeous,
so gorgeous, as can be, can be.
so eatup, yes eat up
Someday you'll loke me.

My face has so many wrinkles,
so many that I can't keep score.
If you study them like a road map
you'd end up in Singapore.

I'm gorgous, so gorgous,
so gorgous as can be , can be.
Get ready, get ready, someday
you'll look like me.

My feet slowed down to a shuffle.
I walk with a walker or cane.
My glasses are triple bi-focal
And I think everyone is insane.

Enjoy it, enjoy it getting old can be so fun, fun, fun.
you'll getg many discounts
plus meals on wheels, on their run.

My false teeth flew down in the furnace.
My wig flew out my car door.
My peg leg is lying in pieces.
I shut it in Grandpa's car door.

Enjoy it, enjoy it Getting old is fun, fun, fun.
Enjoy it, enjoy it. There's not a lot left when your done.


YOU CAN TELL YOU ARE GETTING OLD WHEN YOU ARE IN A GROCERY STORE. AND A CHILD BUMPS INTO YOU . AND THE MOTHER SAID, I HAVE TOLD YOU A MILLION TIMES NOT TO RUN INTO THE OLD LADIES.
I was crushed, I guess I'm not as young as I used to be. to make matters worse, yesterday a little girl in the grocery store looked at me and said ,"Are you pregnant?
Too much Ice cream I guess! after that I zipped up my jacket. the little girls mother turned to her and said. Of course she isn't pregnant! she's a grandmother. I guess I
need a facelift and a body implant. Think that would help? OR BETTER YET LAY OFF THE ICE CREAM!
KEEP SMILING!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom, why do these things only happen to you?
So. Very. Funny!

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

Laughing hysterically at the song and realizing that I'm not the only one that has crazy things happen to them!!!

By the way, I tagged you.... http://www.desperatelyseekingsanity.com/2008/05/23/its-all-true

Queen B said...

You are so funny!!! I can't wait to read more!!!